Thursday, April 15, 2010

kick ass and reviews

I can’t wait to see kick ass but I have seen more and more of my friends saying “I don’t know about this one”. The only thing I can say to this one is wait and see and I know you will eat those words… well maybe not that but they did make me think; do I have nerd blinders on right now have I become what I hate most of all (whispers) a fan boy. I don’t do this normally but I checked www.ign.com to see a review of kick ass and to my surprise they game it 5 stars. “Wow five stars” I can’t think of the last time I saw a 5 star movie so I did some thinking “they must have nerd blinders on to”. So I checked someone I know wouldn’t geek out over comics and junk Roger Ebert. I’m feeling very confident in going to www.rogerebert.com because there is not a doubt in my mind he would be fair to this movie. Then I saw the review it was a one star “fuck now I’m really screwed” I forgot that Mr. Ebert thinks video games are not art and this movie might be aimed at someone that might feel a little different about that. I guess Mr. Ebert has his own set of blinders on he is only human “or is he”. It feels funny when two reviews I respect so much feel so different about a piece of media; I guess I will have to make up my own mind (slaps screen) “I hate making up my own mind”.

No comments:

Post a Comment